Vegan Sunflower Cream Cheese
Folks! If you are still doubting the deliciousness and possibilities of vegan cheese, this recipe will change your mind. Promise! I am almost tempted to say, if no one told me it was made out of plants, I wouldn’t think twice that it wasn’t the real thing. Okay, I said it. It’s so good! It’s so easy to make! No dairy needed. It’s good for you and no animals are involved in the process.
The star of this cheese are sunflower seeds. They’re a good source of whole fats and they blend up really creamy. The beauty of this cheese is that you can flavour it anyway you like. Play with it. Throw in your favourite spice mix, throw in herbs, keep it simple or make it hot!
It’s great on crackers, veggies, wraps, pizza and whatever else you want to put it on.
VEGAN SUNFLOWER CREAM CHEESE
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (soak for 8 hrs, drain)
- 0.5 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 0.5 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cajun spice
- Soak seeds in cold water overnight. Drain and rinse in the morning.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until creamy (start with 0.5 cups water for a thicker consistency and add 1 tablespoon at a time if your blender is struggling)
- Scoop out into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.